Water makes up about three fifths of the body weight. Therefore, their presence is common in tissues of the body.
However, sometimes retains more fluid than usual; condition called dropsy, or edema.
Symptoms may show in:
- Weight gain
The causes are varied and can include:
- The menstrual cycles due to fluctuating levels of hormones
- Oral contraceptives
- An occupation where the person must stand for long periods of time
- Allergies and certain medications
- The drink little water causes the body to retain that has not become dehydrated.
- A poor diet where there is lack of protein, carbohydrates, excess sugar and prose or too much sodium or salt.
- Remedy for water retention # 1: Take Infusion corncobs. This requires simmer two or three ears fresh (which has taken away the grains of corn) in one liter of water for an hour. Drink two to three cups of fluid during the day which is an excellent diuretic.
- Water retention remedy # 2: Take one to two cups daily infusion of alfalfa, chamomile, fennel or horsetail
- Water retention remedy # 3: Drink parsley infusion. To do this, add a cup of chopped fresh parsley to a quart quart of boiling water. Cover and allow to rest for 40 minutes. Then he slips and drink a cup with each meal.
- Water retention remedy # 4: Take a mixture by spoonfuls, in equal parts of honey and bee pollen pellets mixed with fruit juices.
- Water retention remedy # 5: Drink several cups per day of liquid from simmer a handful of crushed pumpkin seeds in a liter of water for half an hour, then drink the strained liquid
- Remedy for water retention # 6: Boil one medium onion into pieces and simmer for 20 minutes. Then strain the liquid and drink 3 cups daily. Avoid this drug if you have problems with gastritis or peptic ulcer.
- Remedy for water retention # 7: Massage gently with 5 drops of essential oil of lemon, orange, 5, 7 of lavender in the legs, ankles and arms that are generally areas where fluids accumulate. (Cure from the aromatherapy)
- Remedy for water retention # 8: Heat a liter of water when it boils, add tails off and cherries, a pear peel, the skin of 1 / 2 apple and lemon rind. Let stand 15 minutes. Drinking three cups a day.
- Remedy for water retention # 9: Develop, with blender blender or simply a glass of watermelon juice. Eat several times a day.
People suffering from fluid retention should follow the following recommendations:
- Limit consumption of salt and sodium (canned soups, packaged chips, etc..), But not suspending them altogether, because the body requires them.
- Discontinue the use of drugs or contraceptives when they are identified as the causes of fluid retention
- Aerobic Exercise regularly as cycling, swimming or walking which helps to maintain fluid balance and improve muscle tone.
- Use support stockings and elevating your feet several times a day help people with swollen ankles.
- Go to the doctor when situations of persistent or chronic dropsy, as it could be indicative of disorders of the heart, kidneys, bladder or liver.