Candida albicans is a yeast-like fungus which is usually found in the vagina and other parts of our body. It is held in check by beneficial bacteria, the immune system and the acidic pH of the vagina.
However, due to changes in pH of the vaginal walls caused by certain medications (mostly antibiotics), soaking baths with alkaline soaps, nutritional deficiencies, chemotherapy, feminine hygiene sprays, oral contraceptives or pregnancy, may allow Yeast organisms thrive in the alkaline environment.
The most common symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
- White discharge
- Remedy for vaginal infections # 1: Develop a preparation of one-half cup of yogurt which is added half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. He applied for five consecutive nights by placing a medicinal applicator two teaspoons of this mixture.
- Remedy for vaginal infections # 2: Make every morning a douche with a vinegar water solution or alternatively with a diluted yogurt douche
- Remedy for vaginal infections # 3: Blend a small clove of garlic with water and strain before using. Can be taken orally two cloves of chopped garlic.
- Remedy for vaginal infections # 4: Fill the tub to hip and with the warm water, add half cup of salt in water.
To combat vaginal infections, it is necessary to follow recommendations
- Because men can carry Candida albicans without showing any symptoms is advised, in recurrent cases, a practice of “safe sex” using a condom and washing hands and genitals before and after intercourse. In case of suspicion, the man should be examined.
- Do not apply in that area, powders containing cornstarch or cornstarch as it is thought to stimulate the development of yeast.
- Avoid using jellies, contraceptive foams and other aerosols, as the chemicals that comprise it could aggravate the symptoms.
- Allow air circulation by using underwear made of cotton or with a cotton lining in the crotch and avoid using tight pants.
- Avoid using tampons and instead prefer pads which allow the normal vaginal secretion.
- Do not use colored toilet paper or scented instead prefer white unscented avoid a possible chemical irritation.
- It is recommended wipe from front to back after bowel movements thus prevents intestinal microorganisms migrate to the vagina.
- Because some studies indicate that Candida thrives on sugar should be limited and to avoid high consumption of artificial sweeteners as table sugar and other sweets to avoid aggravating the vaginal infections.
- Avoid too, for its compounds, consumption of ripe cheese, beer and wine, cured meats, raw mushrooms and other fermented products made from flour or yeast.
- Consult a doctor if symptoms (itching and strange odor flow) persist, it could be another disease like chlamydia, a parasitic infection, trichomoniasis among others.