The heat or hot flashes of menopause are caused by the sudden decrease in estrogen levels which dilates blood vessels increasing blood flow and temperature for 30 seconds to five minutes.
Usually causes a reddening of the skin (especially face and neck), profuse sweating followed by chills and may even be a feeling of suffocation. Its appearance is highly variable throughout the day, although they occur most frequently during the night.
These hot flashes begin to appear first in the transition to menopause called perimenopamía. Some women experience hot flashes during these few months, while others suffer for years.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 1: Eat three times a day, 2 tablespoons of alfalfa seeds boiled for 10 minutes in water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 2: Boil 2 teaspoons lime flower in a cup of water. Remove and let cool.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 3: Take warm water with a teaspoon of honey to reduce night sweats.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 4: Put 3 tablespoons of dried sage in a quart of boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain and drink throughout the day.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 5: Put equal parts dried nettle and sage in a liter of water is boiling. Let stand 15 minutes, strain and take the liquid. Take 2 daily infusions for several days. Rest 5 days and repeat the cycle. Maintaining this pace while improvement is seen.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 6: Eat foods rich in isoflavones, for example, soy in all its presentations yogurt, soy drink, soy crackers, etc.).. The isoflavones in the blood reduces the amount of FSH and LH, hormones released by the brain when there is little estrogen. For that reason, constitute an effective remedy against the heat or hot flashes during menopause.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 7: Take dong quai, since it is a plant regulator of female ailments one being hot flushes or hot flashes during menopause. (available in our store)
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 8: Place 2 tablespoons of damiana in a cup of water which is boiling. Take daily at night until they stop hot flashes.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 9: Suck an ice cube or pass an object containing ice cubes on the neck and face.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 10: Perform twice a week, a circular massage on the abdomen with essential oil of sage. Do not apply if the person suffers from epilepsy, as the sage oil at high doses can trigger seizures.
- Remedy to relieve hot flashes or hot flashes in menopause # 11: Perform once a week, a massage with essential oil of Roman Chamomile is a plant of so-called “adaptogen” that helps to restore balance to the body.
- Wear loose clothing of natural fiber like cotton, linen, among others, and even use 100% cotton sheets.
- Wear easily superimposed to remove if you feel flushed.
- Keep the house cool and airy especially in the bedroom area.
- Avoid warm, moist places to visit, as these environments may promote the emergence of the heats.
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water with ice to relieve hot flashes.
- Avoid, especially after four in the afternoon, food or drink that can cause heat as coffee, caffeinated sodas, alcohol, red wine, aged cheeses, spices, citrus and peppers
- Practicing for 30 minutes daily exercises like walking or swimming.
- Take the morning, a 15-minute bath with warm water which will help you stay without heat during the day. Also, it is effective in warm water bath before bedtime
- Take frequent walks in the early hours of the night to breathe fresh air.
- Practice relaxation techniques like yoga or tai-chi.
- Practice deep breathing. To this end, inhale and exhale for five seconds, then for five seconds. Perform eight breaths per minute. It is recommended practice deep breathing for 15 minutes twice a day especially when you start to feel the hot flash.
- Staying at your ideal weight, because by eliminating the extra kilos, symptoms of suffocation also reduced.
- Monitor blood pressure to remain within normal parameters.