There’s a lot to be said when it comes to how healthy lemons are. Although small they are powerful fruits which can improve our overall health. Rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, iron, potassium, copper, vitamin A, magnesium, vitamin E, chromium and many more vitamins and minerals, lemons can cure and relieve a lot of diseases and ailments.
Another very important benefit from the lemon is its smell. Whenever we smell lemons we think of something clean and fresh. Lemons are nature’s antiseptic and therefore we use their juice as a powerful cleansing agent.
Recently, aromatherapy is considered very beneficial in dealing with many ailments. Lemon scent has found its use into this area too. Its unique and tangy smell has been shown as beneficial in treating problems caused by asthma, colds or allergies. The lemon scent also boosts the mood and helps people who suffer from depression and anxiety.
Here are some tips how you can treat yourself with cheap aromatherapy in your own home.
- You’ll need a few lemons and a bowl. First cut the lemons in half, place them in the bowl and leave them overnight. The next day you’ll wake up in a clean and fresh smelling house. Lemons will do far better job than those store bought air fresheners that may contain toxins which are harmful to your health. After trying this trick you’ll never want to buy air freshener again.
- Those who suffer from asthma, allergies or just have the common cold will notice improved breathing after breathing in lemon filled air all night. In the morning you’ll wake up feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
- Phytochemical limonene found in lemons will help you fight stress and anger.
- Lemon smell will also work as an excellent insect and bugs repellent.
Other health benefits you’ll get of lemon aromatherapy are:
- Kills bacteria that cause staph, strep, and pneumonia
- Pain relief
- Alleviates breathing
- Eases bronchitis
- Improves cognitive performance
- Cures yeast infection
- Tones and clears skin
- Inhibits liver cancer growth
- Clears dandruff and nourishes the scalp
- Soothes a sore throat by killing offending bacteria
- Reduces nausea and vomiting
More Reasons to Have Lemons in Your Everyday Life
Lemons Improve Your Appearance
Being a natural scalp cleanser, lemon juice is used to bring out natural highlights in people’s hair. Lemon juice can also dry up acne, fade age spots and gradually dissolve warts.
To soften rough spots on your hands, elbows and feet, rub them with a half of lemon for a while. Lemon juice will soften tough calluses as well.
Use lemon juice to freshen you breath up, sooth aching feet and whiten your nails.
Lemons Improve Your Health
Since lemons are packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, vitamin A, copper, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, chromium and more, lemons are good in the treatment of many health conditions like: indigestion, arthritis, rheumatism.
Consume lemon juice on a daily basis and you’ll assure yourself that you got rid of toxins and you also prevented formation of kidney stones. Lemons are also useful in treating diseases like malaria and cholera because lemon juice purifies the blood.
Use This Amazing Recipe for Preparing Homemade Colon Detox Drink
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- ½ cup 100 percent pure organic apple juice
- ½ cup warm purified water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
How to Prepare it?
1.First prepare a tall glass and a spoon and leave them aside for a while.
2. Then pour 3.5 ounces of purified water into a pan. Warm the water a little, but don’t let it boil, so that you can drink the water at a safe temperature.
3. When the water heats up a bit, pour it into the glass. Add the sea salt and stir until the salt dissolves.
4. Next, add the ginger juice, apple juice and fresh lemon juice and stir well.
5. Consume this drink every morning on an empty stomach. Then drink it again before light lunch of steamed vegetables and smoked salmon and once more mid-afternoon.
Drink 6-8 glasses of this drink for at least a week to notice results. However, you should avoid drinking too much liquid after 5 p.m. because you’ll wake up in the night with the need to go in the bathroom.