Psoriasis (Greek for “Psora” meaning itch) is a skin condition is not contagious or dangerous, but can be painful and difficult to control
It is the result of a disturbance in the turnover of skin cells. The cards usually take between 21 and 40 days to mature and rise to the surface where the dead cells are removed. In case of psoriasis, skin cells reproduce so quickly that reach the surface and accumulate with the dead cells forming a thick, scaly red plaques accompanied by dryness and irritation.
The most affected are the scalp and hair line, the inside of the joint of the knees and elbows and lower back.
The most common symptoms of psoriasis are:
- One or more small red scaly plaques
- Swollen joints (psoriatic arthritis)
- Thick and deformed nails.
- Psoriasis can affect anyone (in the same way men and women), especially those found at the end of his teens to mid twenties and in middle age.
- However, studies indicate that approximately one third of people with psoriasis have a family history that suggests that the hereditary factor may influence this condition.
Other factors that can trigger psoriasis as:
- Throat infections.
- Drugs for hypertension such as beta blockers or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for arthritis
- On the one hand winter due to lack of sunlight and the other to the greater dryness of the skin due to cold and heat.
- The physical and emotional stress.
- Treatment is a disease of slow and sometimes returns when he was considered cured, especially if it returns to poor diet as described above. Therefore, it is further recommended strengthening the process used with the following natural remedies
- Remedy for psoriasis # 1: sunbathing and sea water. Sunlight improves psoriasis and ultraviolet light slow down the excessive proliferation of skin cells and reduces inflammation that is a side effect.
- On the other hand, sea salt is also beneficial. So if you live far away from coastal areas or the beach, you can buy sea salt and dissolve it in water and bathe the affected areas three times a day
- Remedy for psoriasis # 2: Apply garlic oil in the affected areas
- Remedy for psoriasis # 3: Apply aloe vera pulp in the psoriasis area and also take three teaspoons a day of that plant (in some botanical sell aloe vera juice) helps to cure the disease
- Remedy for psoriasis # 4: Prepare an arnica oil by mixing olive oil and arnica flower in a pot and then heat gently, removing it just boils. Let it stand a few minutes and strain it. Finally it is sealed in affected areas
- Remedy for psoriasis # 5 Boil 100 grams of oatmeal in 5 gallons of water for four minutes. Add the resulting water to bath water should not be very hot and swim with her for fifteen minutes. This remedy helps to improve the appearance of the skin and relieve itching.
- Remedy for psoriasis # 6: Dissolve 1 1 / 2 cup of baking soda in 3 gallons (11.5 liters) of water for use as compresses.
- Remedy for psoriasis # 7: Implement fish oil or vegetable (or soy oil) on the scales twice a day which will help relieve itching and softens the scales thus facilitating their elimination.
People with psoriasis are advised that:
Avoid red meat consumption because they contain arachidonic acid, which is responsible for the psoriasis worse. Nor is it advisable to canned goods, white flour and refined sugars and instead eating garlic, celery, watercress and foods that contain fiber per day.
Do not try to disguise an open lesion
Take a vacation and go to the beach and lying in the sand for a week.
Use with caution tar Tar is one of the oldest and most effective remedies for psoriasis. However, some preparations smell very strong and uncomfortable. Also, can stain clothes, sheets and skin. If applicable, be careful and he must do on the boards and not on the living skin.
Choose with care soaps, because the strong can dry and irritate the skin and increase itching.
Install a filter to remove chlorine from your bath or shower, as the municipal water usually contains chlorine, which only dehydrate the skin, contributing to growing problems with it.
Humidify the house. The dry atmosphere of some rooms makes the skin dry aggravating the psoriasis. Consider buying a humidifier in such cases.
Staying slim For unknown reasons, it is more difficult to control in obese psoriasis, so it is recommended to stay slim
Do not go to places where weed, as it could damage your skin.
Do not wear tight shoes or belts or blunt razors or harsh chemicals.