This situation occurs when there is some reduction in the desire to eat more or less marked, which extends over time without taking into account the basic caloric needs required by the body to function properly.
The most common causes are of a nervous or emotional as:
- Losing a loved one.
Other causes are related to diseases such as:
- Digestive problems
- Acute and chronic infections
- Pregnancy (first trimester)
- Consumption of Certain chemo therapeutic drugs
- Symptoms may include
- Repugnance toward any meal
- Due to lack of appetite, is a progressive weakening, lack of energy and nutrition.
- Remedy for the loss of appetite # 1: Prepare a tomato juice. To do this, you must wash, peel and squeeze the tomatoes. After the seeds are strained. You can add sugar to taste. Drink a glass daily preferably in the morning.
- Remedy for the loss of appetite # 2: Develop a green salad which should be taken as first course, before anyone else to be consumed either at lunch or dinner. The lettuce is recommended in cases of loss of appetite because it helps to increase appetite.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 3: Develop an infusion of mint. This should be boiled for 10 minutes, a cup of water and add two tablespoons of mint leaves. Remove from the heat and let cool. It takes three cups a day, one before each meal. Peppermint stimulates the appetite center located in the brain.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 4: Take strawberry juice which is due to blending a handful of strawberries and then added a cup of water or milk. Preferably taken during breakfast.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 5: Add in the food processing tablespoon finely chopped tarragon or ground.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 6: Boil one tablespoon of Agrimony in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Take this cup of tea 20 minutes before the main meal to stimulate appetite. Do not use if you have problems with constipation.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 7: Mix the juice of three lemons into a large cup of warm water half hour before each meal.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 8: Eat a clove of raw garlic in meals, as it contains properties that stimulate the digestive system and increases appetite.
- Remedy for loss of appetite # 9: Combine cinnamon, pennyroyal, chamomile, mint and lemon balm in equal shares. Scald 1 / 4 ounces of water a spoonful of the mixture per cup. Let sit 10 minutes and strain. Drinking a cup before meals.
Distribute the food. Many people with poor appetite react negatively when they see a big meal. However, if presented with a plate and was smaller meals a day distributed in a greater number of shots, they may feel more willing to eat.
Do not drink fluids just before lunch or in meals. If you take liquids, fill the stomach with them and then the person may lose your appetite.
Exercise. Walking moderately (by 30 minutes a day) is an exercise recommended to increase appetite. However, avoid very demanding exercise, especially if the person is weak or malnourished by their appetite.
Eating foods with high protein content. It is recommended if the person has problems with appetite has lost much weight you eat soy milk, cheese, chicken, fish, butter, eggs or yogurt.
Visiting a specialist Sometimes, lack of appetite is related to anorexia nervosa, psychological disorder where there is an obsession with weight loss, which requires immediate assistance from a specialist (psychologist, psychiatrist, etc.).. Also, it is desirable to see a doctor if it continues to suffer from lack of appetite despite having practiced some of the remedies and recommendations contained herein.