Laryngitis is an infection usually caused by a virus, although at times it may also be of bacterial origin, which causes a narrowing of the larynx and can cause a temporary loss of voice.
The larynx is located at the entrance of the respiratory and this allows air to pass from the pharynx to the trachea. The larynx is located the vocal cords and that is why the voice is affected in this disease.
It is a fairly common problem especially during the flu or a cold. However, when it occurs in children should be careful because it can lead to dangerous respiratory obstruction.
Some symptoms of laryngitis are:
- Sore throat
- Swelling of the lymph nodes or glands in the neck
Laryngitis is caused by:
- Growths in the larynx
- Overuse of the voice
- Laryngitis Remedy # 1: Prepare a pot of boiling water with the sage leaves or eucalyptus or essential oils such as sage, eucalyptus or lavender. After 10 minutes, remove the pot from the stove. The person is placed a towel over his head like a tent, then leans over the bowl and breathe in the steam through the mouth.
- Laryngitis Remedy # 2: Prepare a cup (250 ml) of boiling water and pour 1 or 2 raspberries for 10 minutes and then with that water should gargle.
- Laryngitis Remedy # 3: Eating certain foods such as ginger, honey, lemon, and pineapple juice.
- Laryngitis Remedy # 4: Wrap the neck with a warm water pad and keep it against the neck for 15 minutes.
- Laryngitis Remedy # 5: Gargle with warm salt water
- Laryngitis Remedy # 6: Drink an infusion of tangerine skin in case you’ve temporarily lost his voice due to laryngitis.
- Laryngitis Remedy # 7: Drink a mixture based on egg whites, lemon juice and sugar in order to recover his voice.
- Rest your vocal cords and do not talk much
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly and avoid contact with people who might be sick.
- Practice a relaxation technique or exercise to reduce stress
- Avoid smoking
- Drink more fluids and eating fruits and raw vegetables.
- Avoid alcohol, which can irritate the throat
- Use a vaporizer to create moist air
- See a doctor if symptoms last more than two weeks.