Ringworm is a fungal infection that usually affects children but may also occur in adults.
The two most common forms of ringworm of the scalp are known as tinea capitis and ringworm on the body, called tinea corporis.
Ringworm of the scalp is manifested primarily as a dry or peeling over an area of the head. At this stage is confused with dandruff. However, as the infection progresses, one notices that the area becomes large and circular with the center plane and a pink or red raised border. Sometimes there is itching and you can see areas with broken hairline or hair loss.
For body ringworm, develops spots very similar to the scalp, but occur only in areas where no body hair. There may also be itchy.
- Ringworm Remedy # 1: Extract the juice of 6 lemons and then to part, be infused with 2 tablespoons of mauve and 2 plantain in a cup of boiling water. Mix and apply in the area with ringworm.
- Ringworm Remedy # 2: Develop a uniform kind of ointment with 15 grams of pepper powder and 100 grams of lard and apply on the affected part tomorrow night.
- Ringworm Remedy # 3: Crush 7 cloves of garlic and pour in 1 liter of water. Boil for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Wash and rub affected, at least 3 times a day.
- Ringworm Remedy # 4: Boil for 5 minutes 3 tablespoons lime flowers in a cup of water. Remove from heat and cool. Rub the affected area 3 times a day.
- Ringworm Remedy # 5: Make a decoction of yellow dock with 7 tablespoons in a quart of water. Boil for 15 minutes and let cool. Apply on the affected part 3 times a day until the condition disappears.
- Ringworm Remedy # 6: Apply 1 tablespoon of oil extracted from the seed of the avocado in the area located with ringworm of the scalp and massage it frequently.
- Ringworm Remedy # 7: Apply several crushed leaves of burdock as a poultice on areas with ringworm.
- Ringworm Remedy # 8: Crush several fresh watercress leaves and apply the same way over his head.
- Separating their combs, brushes and hats. Because this fungus can spread easily through contaminated objects, it is recommended not sharing personal items such as combs, brushes and hats.
- Consider a joint review. Because ringworm is contagious it is important that the rest of the family is reviewed in order to verify if you have this infection in the scalp or body.
- Applying a special foam shampoo If you have ringworm of the scalp, you can use a shampoo containing selenium sulfide, selenium and kills the fungus spores and seems to speed up therapy. Other family members can use selenium sulfide shampoo as a preventive measure.
- Prevent massive loss of hair. The person suffering from ringworm of the scalp is likely to lose some hair. However, if you apply the remedies to time, this loss is only temporary and the hair will grow back. Permanent hair loss can occur if the person with ringworm of the scalp has an allergic reaction to fungus.
- In these cases, which are not very common, forms a crust in the area called kerion which often is the size of a coin of 10 cents. The pustules or plaques kerion is high. It is not only soft, but it may break and will be seen that there are drainage and drainage. Then there is a scar and can develop an area of baldness.
- Occupy the hands of children. If a child suffering from ringworm, often want to scratching which can further irritate the affected area. In that sense, it is recommended to try to distract from the itching by activities involving the use of hands as in the work with putty, crayons or paints.
- Talking with the teacher if a child has ringworm. There is no reason to keep a child out of school just because they have ringworm. However, it is necessary to explain to the teacher the problem and tell you where the infection is localized and discuss what you will tell the other kids in class. The teacher can be careful and, without stating the child, take the opportunity to reinforce good hygiene habits, including not sharing combs, brushes and hats.
- Check whether you are improving. One sign that improvement is the area where the rash begins to flatten, and blisters to dry. The skin may have peeling and peeling, but if the area is so flat that you can close your eyes and move your finger over it without feeling anything, then it is giving the tub. If no improvement is necessary to see a dermatologist.