Onychomycosis or nail fungus infection is very common, affecting more frequently, nails placed in the toes.
Once a nail is infected with fungus, they can spread to other nails though, is very rare for the infection of the toenails to pass hands.
Fungi usually are caused by constant exposure to a warm and humid and affect more people who wash dishes in restaurants, clean houses, etc.. and adults over age 60 with diabetes, circulation problems or a weakened immune system.
When fungi infect the toenails, they usually thicken and become yellow, but may also have a gray, brown or black. Then, as the infection progresses, invades the nail area and it starts to peel and fall off. The surrounding skin may become red, swollen and itchy.
When the fungus affects the fingernails, causing them to turn yellow (or brown), weak, cracked and brittle. As it progresses, the nail can not grow and may even fall over.
- Remedy to combat fungal nail # 1: Mix three drops of tea tree oil in one teaspoon of olive oil and applied directly to the affected nail. This action is repeated alternately (one day every other) to complete 20 days.
- Remedy to combat fungal nail # 2: Extract the juice of several lemons and make the nails in the juice. Also can pass the lemon on her fingernails.
- Remedy to combat fungal nail # 3: Pour a cup of natural apple cider vinegar apple in a bowl of warm water. Soak your toenails for 20 minutes. After that time elapsed, dry nails thoroughly. For this purpose, you can use a hair dryer on hot temperature to absorb any moisture that might exist around the toes.
- Remedy to combat fungal nail # 4: Mix three drops of oregano essential oil with a teaspoon of olive oil. Apply this preparation daily over the affected area for three weeks.
- Remedies for nail fungus # 5: Purchase a transparent glaze and pour a little of its content. Then add a clove of garlic chopped into small pieces, 7 drops of lemon and 3 white iodine. Let stand for one week and the time elapsed, apply one coat per day (only on the nail with fungus) over two weeks. Withdraw, then, with nail polish remover. As a precaution, you can place every day, on non-infected nails several drops of lemon juice.
- Remedies for nail fungus # 6: Mix half a cup of bleach in two gallons of water and submerge your feet for half an hour. Then removed and dry feet. Apply this medicine for seven weeks on alternate days.
- Remedy to combat fungal nail # 7: Mix half a cup of castor oil and seven drops of lemon. Put this preparation in a bowl and breadth in order to place your feet and then dry your feet. Apply this remedy at least six weeks
- Remedies for nail fungus # 8: Boil five cloves of garlic in a cup of water and then pour this preparation in a container containing enough water so that the nails of the feet are submerged. Place your feet when the water is still warm for 15 minutes then remove from water and dry feet. Continue this process at least four weeks.
Recommendations to prevent and combat nail fungus (feet)
Avoid walking barefoot in public places or places like swimming pools, changing rooms or showers and after visiting them, wash and dry feet.
Do not wear tight shoes or synthetic material. Because fungi need a moist environment to multiply, it is necessary to avoid tight shoes that do not allow ventilation of the feet. Also you should avoid shoes made of a material that does not allow the skin to “breathe” like plastic. Therefore, we recommend the leather footwear.
Do not use other people’s nail clippers. It is therefore recommended to bring their own clippers (for pedicure) to beauty salons and not share it with others. Even not using the same nail clippers for nails that are healthy and they are infected.
Use 100% cotton socks in order to absorb moisture from the feet. If the socks are wet, change them for new ones that are dry, then dry feet and put talc.
Cut toenails straight regularly.
Recommendations for prevention and control of fungal nail (hands)
- Wear waterproof gloves for work that requires hands are constantly wet as washing dishes, clothes, or floors).
- Do not use lime and other people’s nail clippers. It is therefore recommended to bring their own files and nail clippers (in the case of manicure) to beauty salons and not share it with others. Even not using the same nail trimmer or file for nails that are healthy and they are infected.
- Avoid washing the dishes when you have a fungal infection of fingernails, as the chemical content in soaps used for this further weaken nails complicating the situation.
- Avoid sharing towels, washcloths or other personal items of those people who have already contracted this disease
- Avoid biting your nails