Osteoporosis (from the Latin word meaning “porous bones.”) Is a disease that gradually weakens bones, causing changes in posture and makes them extremely susceptible to fractures.
Due to hormonal changes like menopause and nutritional and physiological differences, the disease affects more women (nearly half the female population between the ages of 45 and 75 years) than men.
Moreover, the aforementioned causes, risk factors such as:
- Smoking and drinking
- Having a family members suffering from osteoporosis
- Having a diet low in calcium or be allergic to dairy products.
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle
- Belonging to the white race or Eastern
- Owning a thin texture
Its symptoms can include:
- Defect position
- Spontaneous fractures
- Bone pain
- Then there are natural and traditional remedies to combat osteoporosis
- Remedy for Osteoporosis # 1: Put an egg in a beaker containing lemon juice. Let stand last 24 hours. Once this time, remove the eggs, strain the liquid and drink daily.
- Remedy for Osteoporosis # 2: Take a calcium-rich breakfast consisting of 2 tablets ponytail, 2 tablespoons of rolled oats, 4 roasted almonds, 1 plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey.In preparation, the tablets is reduced ponytail to dust and mixed with oatmeal. Then grind the beans and add. Finally, add the yogurt and a spoonful of honey
- Remedy for Osteoporosis # 3 Prepare, with an extractor or blender, grapefruit or celery juice which we suggest are swallowed once or twice a day.
- Remedy for Osteoporosis # 4: Eat garlic and onions because they contain sulfur which is necessary for healthy bones.
- Remedy for Osteoporosis # 5: Develop anti-osteoporosis juice with a cup of broccoli, three leaves of lettuce, 4 carrots and juice of 1 / 2 chopped apple. To do this, you must extract the juice from the vegetables, then mix it with apple. Drinking a glass a day in the morning.
- Remedy for osteoporosis # 6: Wash several four figs and then liquefied, in shell, in milk. Sweeten with a little honey. Take this preparation twice a week to prevent osteoporosis.
People suffering from osteoporosis are advised that:
- Consult a physician about the need for a bone density in order to detect the presence of osteoporosis.
- Exercise regularly. It is necessary that people, no matter their age, do exercises, which can help reduce bone loss among other health benefits.
- We recommend a moderate exercise program (three or four times a week) which may include walking, running, marching, climbing stairs, dancing and weight training.
- Avoiding falls 50 per cent of the fractures are caused by falls. Therefore still have osteoporosis can prevent fractures if you avoid falls.
- In this sense, it is advisable to always getting up, people with osteoporosis should be supported in furniture and seating, you must keep the knees higher than your hip. If this is not possible, we must lean forward and hold back so that the arms rest on a desk or table.
- Similarly, cushioned shoes are recommended to ensure extra protection and use a walking cane or walker if you feel insecure
- Also, do not walk on wet floors or carpets and is beneficial lights (flashlights) so that night bathroom trips are not made in total darkness.
- Verify the use of medications such as corticosteroids, so prolonged, immunosuppressive and anticoagulation, as they facilitate the loss of bone density.
Food If you can not take milk, calcium can be purchased from other sources. Foods that contain this mineral, in addition to milk, are:
- Algae and especially green leafy vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, celery.
- Whole grains such as oats, rice, barley, wheat, etc..
- Horsetail which is taken in infusion and helps preserve bone mass.
- Nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, chestnuts, figs, raisins and peanuts.
- Milks plants such as rice milk, oats, almonds, hazelnuts, sesame and groundnuts. which can be purchased already prepared, but you can produce it on a homemade
- Cooked vegetables such as chickpeas, and pinto beans, lima beans, soybeans, lentils.
- Oily fish such as cod, mackerel, salmon, sardines, eels, prawns and fresh herring.
- Seeds like sesame and pumpkin-sun tour
Avoid eating the following foods:
- Asparagus, spinach, peas, and those high in oxalic acid, which inhibits calcium absorption.
- Beverages containing phosphate
- Foods containing animal protein (red meat)
- Salt intake.
- Consumption of coffee, since it has been shown that those who make more than 2 cups of regular coffee or caffeinated sodas